HEALING FOR HEPATITIS C
Everyone with Hepatitis C, also known as HCV,
should take an active part in the maintenance of their health and
treatment of their disease with the guidance of a qualified health
care professional. The more we learn about nutrition and how nutritional healing may help improve hepatitis C symptoms or assist in treating HCV,
the better prepared we will be to take an active role in our Hep C treatment.
experts in the field of Natural and Holistic Medicine have based their natural
healing therapies for Hepatitis C upon scientific investigation. In the past 20
years there have been tremendous advances in the understanding of
how many natural therapies work to promote health or treat disease.
This increased understanding is a result of more strict scientific
investigation. In many cases, the scientific investigation has
not only validated the natural healing approach to Hepatitis C but has also led to significant
for Hepatitis C (and other liver diseases) is focused on diet and
nutritional supplements that can be categorized according to the
beneficial role they play in supporting healthy liver function or
enhancing the immune system:
a variety of therapeutic effects of nutritional-based treatments on
hepatitis C. Some reports and studies show an effect by accelerated
decreases of liver enzyme levels, dramatic drops in viral loads and
even elimination of the Hepatitis C virus.
Here is an example of the recent scientific research in natural treatments: In HEPATOLOGY, March, 2009, they concluded that "dietary nutrient composition may be an important and potentially modifiable determinant in liver disease." PMID: 19441103 And of course, there are much more specific studies but I liked this one in particular because it is not just about a specific supplement but the fact that your actual diet impacts your health.
Some healthy diet tips for those with Hepatitis C:
1. No alcohol consumption, even moderately, as it has a toxic effect on liver cells and makes you more prone to liver cancer according to studies.
2. I suggest organic produce, whether store bought or homegrown, as this reduces the chemicals that an already stressed HCV liver will need to process.
3. A well nourished body will fight Hepatitis C best. A diet rich in calories and nutrients on a daily basis is critical as is healthy exercise to keep your body functioning well.
4. Adequate protein is necessary to help the body repair damaged liver tissue and everyday needs such as production of new blood cells. More on types of protein below.
5. Eat at least 5 servings a day of fruits and vegetables as they provide important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Dried beans, and certain herbs and spices also contain abundant phytochemicals which behave like powerful antioxidants "gobbling up" the destructive free radicals.
6. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice into a glass of water at least once a day. Staying hydrated is important to flushing out toxins and the lemon juice is a natural liver detoxifyer. Lemon juice also provides vitamin C an important precursor to Glutathione. More on this below.
While diet and supplements may improve your condition significantly,
it is important not to have "false hope", abandon medical supervision
or conventional treatment options. It is important to stress that
the suggestions offered on this website and in our Hepatitis C E-books are not
intended to replace appropriate medical investigation.
Our HCV E-books
are intended to be informative by presenting a wide variety of views
as well as the "alternative therapies" that are currently being used
by other Hepatitis patients and their reported benefits. These Hep C E-books include
clinical studies and research information whenever available. The topics below are a a tiny sampling of the information from our e-books. Click on any of them to read more.
Amino Acids & HCV
Vitamins & Hepatitis
Antioxidants & HCV
Foods Good for the Liver
Thymic Protein & Hepatitis
Alpha Lipoic Acid & HCV
Vitamin C & HCV
Milk Thistle - Silymarin & HCV
Glutathione & Hepatitis
Wolfberry for your liver
Selenium for your liver
Probiotics & Hepatitis
Omega Fatty Acids & HCV
The Berkson Clinical Study
Bluberry Leaves Stop HCV Replication
MSM for Hepatitis C
Supplement Formulations for Liver Health
HEP C E-BOOKS
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
THE FIRST E-BOOKS ON THE WEB TO BE EXCLUSIVELY DEVOTED TO NATURAL
SOLUTIONS FOR HEP C. Ideal for interferon NON-RESPONDERS, those
on interferon seeking ADJUNCT THERAPY, those who seek ALL NATURAL
TREATMENT and those who had to stop interferon.